Someone


It is actually weird entering this phase.  God has locked and sealed this heart inside my chest for quite some time, and now that is actually feeling and seeing somehow makes me wonder.  Two years ago (2005), people around me kept (and I say everybody) coaxing me to try being in a re-la-tion-ship.  My friends, people at work, at church and at home have been bugging me and actually convincing me to open up myself to the idea.  I don’t know what got into all of them.  I found my self quite a bit irritated. One co-worker even tried setting me up for a blind date. Imagine?!  Then when I told another about his unsolicited scheme, the other, to my amazement, actually tried to encourage me to go on with the proposed rendezvous. I remember one morning while I was having a conversation with my big sister, I mentioned this kind ‘a bizarre phenomenon – ‘like a wave of whatever’ to her.  Then what she said in reply left me stunned and took some seconds of my mind.  She said, “maybe it’s your time now”.  Is it? 

God is the ultimate executive writer of everyone’s story.  I simply believe that it will come to me, if ever He included it in my blueprint -- in the fullness of His time.  Only in His time.  And I deeply believe He had written it beautifully.  When I read a book about this dating thing, God lead me to surrender my love life to Him.  Let Him handle it.  Admittedly it was not easy.  Let someone handle and decide for me? My love life?  Are you serious?  But our Father is.  And it made me love and adore Him more.  I entrusted Him my everything, which of course includes this one.  That is why I don’t worry about it.  He definitely knows what He is doing. 

            But let’s go back to the original track of my reason for writing this.  Before, me and my girlfriends don’t talk about this.  I actually avoid talking about this.  But now, I don’t know, our discussions shifted to it for some reason.  So now, I think, or maybe, it is time. 

            I would like to write here some of the things I want to see in a man (if God really included it in my life list).  I will state the shallow side first…
ü  Someone tall.
ü  Broad shoulders.
ü  Medium built.
ü  Moreno.
ü  Witty.
ü  Intelligent, though not necessarily genius… just somehow I can have deep and great conversations with. 
ü  Someone who knows me and the little details I like about simple daily things.
ü  Someone who can’t get enough of me but of course knows when I need space.
ü  Someone who respects himself and the people around him.
ü  Someone carefree.
ü  Who believes in the freedom of expressing what is in his mind and his heart.
ü  Someone who wouldn’t shout at me in front of his family, my family and our friends.
ü  Someone who chooses to be better because he desires to become a better version of him.
ü  Someone who decides for himself to become the best that he can be, in heart and soul, not because nor for someone else.
ü  Someone who is not afraid to communicate the thoughts of his soul.
ü  Someone simple but deep.
ü  Someone who knows when not to speak.
ü  A mentor.
ü  Someone who knows how to pacify me.
ü  Someone who knows how to plan.
ü  A good friend.


BUT, all of the things I listed above would be totally discarded if there is one thing missing, and that is…

Someone who loves God more than he loves me.

With that, I am assured and secured that man knows how to love.  I believe this is enough reason.

Although most of the times, we tend to build this skyscraper-thought of the person we want to be with -- Someone near perfection.  We become very busy focusing on what one should be that we forget on how to be better versions of our selves. 

---Ideals are the like the stars, you cannot reach them with your hands, but by following them… like the sea faring man in the ocean, you will reach your destiny.---

I made a decision that I will follow God.  Whoever, whatever He wants for my life, I will follow Him.  And I trust that He’ll give me a gift I know I wanted.  I have faith He knows what I want and will give me what I asked for.  As long as I have faith in Him. 

I don’t want to enter a relationship if I have not fallen in-love with God first.  If my relationship with this Perfect Lover fails, I cannot succeed in any other relationships. 

So we need to be strong and take heart and just wait on God.  I don’t want to be afraid of what and who he will be, or if there will ever gonna be somebody, I trust in Him who cares for me.  I trust and have faith in His promises.   And I will not be disappointed.

Honestly, there’s this voice in my heart saying I will meet someone beyond my expectations (Ephesians 3:20). My Father in Heaven will let me know if it’s finally home.

As always, be magnified in this life.
Be magnified in our lives.

No comments: